Monday, June 15, 2009

The Worst Shower on the Planet



How would I define worst? I actually had a pretty nice shower, once it was a shower and not a bath. Worst would mean absolutely least intuitive with the least clues possible for my success at showering. All I wanted was to take a stupid shower.

I like to think I'm pretty good at figuring things out. I spend a lot of time thinking about design, I'm frequently called to fix broken things, and I have a damn degree in mechanical engineering. None of those things helped me make this shower work. I spent about 20 minutes closely examining all the details of every part of the shower, with absolutely no success. I called my mother, who thought this whole predicament was (understandably) hysterical. I finally caved and woke Ben up to ask him how the hell this thing works.




Seriously. How was I supposed to know you pull down on the tub faucet. It's an aesthetically pleasing design (kind of), if only because there is nothing distracting you from the beautiful and soothing white tile. BUT, there is no clue to indicate that you can pull down on this other than the bumped edge, which barely seems to exist until you realize/know that's a clue for your hand.

Maybe I'm just bitter. Maybe my pride was a little damaged by this experience. But still. This is a crappily designed shower (no offense to Ben - it was relatively clean and it worked fine once it was on), and left even yours truly pissed and confused.

No comments: